In the ‘Class A’ list of academic journals for the scientific area of Political Science
Information Polity – ‘A’ in Class
The editorial team at Information Polity is delighted to announce that the journal has been included in the ‘Class A’ list of academic journals for the scientific area 14/A2, Political Science of the Italian National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes (ANVUR).
The Committee of Experts working at the ANVUR made the judgement based on the following criteria:
- the composition of the Editorial Board, including the presence of experts from qualified Universities and institutions,
- authors’ expertise and the diffusion of their articles in the international academic community,
- the accessibility of contents on Information Polity’s website and the availability of articles' abstracts via open access arrangements,
- the rigorousness of the peer-review process based on a double-blind peer review process involving by external reviewers; the regular publication of issues; and the adoption of an Ethics Policy by IOS Press, and
- Journal indexing on Wos and Scopus and its presence in several international databases.
Information Polity passed the assessment procedure with ‘flying colours’ and now Italian scholars publishing in the journal can include their articles in their request for the National Scientific Qualification.